Monday 8 December 2014

Flexible Mascara?


I'm always on the hunt for the 'perfect' mascara. I saw the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara, which claims to keep the lashes flexible so you can build on more mascara whenever the mood strikes. It also gives you a promise of clumpless lashes (something that's not a very obtainable goal for mascara, especially in the drugstore), so I got interested and decided to look into it.





The first thing I noticed when opening the tube, was that the brush is huge. Really, I've never seen a mascara wand this big. I was worried wether it would make application not as easy, but it went fine. I keep my eyes wide open while applying mascara anyway, so I guess it wasn't as big of a difference as I thought.

When I applied it, I didn't notice a lot of volume, even after three coats. It did provide me with some decent length and the clumping wasn't too bad after two coats, but the third one was too much and my lashes started to clump together more.

In the evening I tried applying another coat on top of my 'old' mascara, and I was pleasantly surprised by the result. Normally my lashes clump together like crazy when I try this, but with the Lycra Flex mascara it went alright! Just a little clumping, but still a nice, feathery effect on the eyes - no crazy spiderleg lashes.

Would I recommend this mascara? Yes, if you're into natural lashes during the day but want to amp it up in the evening. No if you want dramatic lashes all day everyday or maybe - this I can not know for sure - if you have straight lashes who don't hold a curl. A flexible mascara might not hold a curl as well as a mascara that dries to a more 'solid' finish.

Have you tried this mascara before? And do you have any drugstore recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment