Monday 16 February 2015

H&M mascara


I'm in a forever search for my holy grail mascara, preferably at an affordable price point. So last time I was waiting at the till at H&M and saw their Volume Mascara for only €2.99 I thought I'd pick it up and give it a whirl.

only on upper lashes

I've got mixed feelings about this mascara. The first few times when I applied it, I actually did quite like it. It was volumising, but in a natural way and I thought it would be great for those who don't want a lot of makeup on their face. It didn't clump together and my lashes just looked good. I didn't wear this mascara when I wore eyeliner, because my lashes kind of dissapeared when I did. It just wasn't dramatic enough. I also had to apply around three coats before I got to the point I liked it.

The more I kept wearing it though - this is probably due to it drying out a little - the less I liked it. It started clumping together, I didn't get the volume I used to achieve and it just didn't work for me anymore. I kept on using it because I wanted to know if I would ever regain the same results as I once had, but nope. It looked alright when I applied it, but it lost a lot if it's volume during the day.

About the brush itself; I like it. it isn't too big so that you got mascara everywhere. It's also easy for fast 'I-need-to-get-out-of-the-house' application.

My lashes are naturally curly, but I think that if you have naturally straight lashes, this mascara certainly won't be something you enjoy. I don't want to bee too negative, but I just don't think that this mascara is even worth it's €2.99...

Have you tried this mascara? If you got it to work better than I did, please tell me how. Although it probably will be too late, seeing I'll throw this one away as soon as this post goes up. Enough bad eyelash days for me...
X

1 comment: